Countdown: Thanksgiving Pie #4

From reading magazines, I know that some people really like pecan pie, especially for Thanksgiving. I am not one of those people. However, for those years when I feel like being traditional, this is the recipe I'll use. Chocolate makes everything delicious! Chocolate Pecan Pie
Pastry for 9-inch crust
1 ¼ cups light corn syrup
½ cup sugar
4 oz. sweet cooking chocolate
½ cup evaporated milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup pecan halves

Combine corn syrup, sugar, chocolate and milk in saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, just until the chocolate is melted. Gradually stir the hot mixture into the eggs, then stir in the pecan halves. Pour into a pastry-lined pie pan. Bake 50-60 minutes at 350°. Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Normally I just tear down the puzzle, put it back in the box and save it for another day, but I never end up doing them again. I've thought of maybe gluing this one but not sure yet.
I'm excited to try the Wintertime Peach Pie - Peach is my favorite!