On Top of Spaghetti

Or "What happens when Dad is left in charge"
This is one of my absolutely favorite-est pictures!
I came home from Relief Society Homemaking one night to this. Actually, when I walked in David was happy as a lark, playing on the counter with his mountain of cheese (leftover from our spaghetti dinner). The cries came when I startled him with my gasp of shock.
(And to his credit, Dad did change the diaper, knew David was happy in the kitchen, and was watching tv with a happy Weston!)
Poor David didn't want to stay in bed, yet he knew he'd be in trouble if he came all the way down the stairs. So, we often would find him asleep on the landing. Isn't this too cute? No wonder kids get away with so much.

Comments

Cheryl said…
It's times like that that help me regain perspective. Being a parent doesn't really need all the stress I put into it. Men are so efficient at doing what really needs to be done. But it's a good thing someone worries about cleaning up, too. (c:
And I don't think I will try your recipe. But thanks for sharing! I can't believe you ate that 3 times!
Dave said…
great post! the snot-nosed picture is now my facebook profile!!