Dear Home Teacher

My "learning goal" for 2008 is to set up and maintain a blog. The inspiration for this comes from several sources. I guess the idea was planted when my future-daughter-in-law excitedly shared that she and Weston had started a blog; it was the way her family keeps in touch with each other. Then last week my cousin emailed me the link to her blog and I had a wonderful time perusing that and learning all about her family and their activities. At the same time, there was an article on the home page of lds.org stating that Elder Ballard encouraged college graduates to use modern technology, or blogs, as a way to communicate their values. I have a friend I greatly admire who has been keeping a blog of her mission experiences; it's been inspiring to read of their challenges and successes. Finally, I'm hoping that this will be a way for our far-flung family to get an idea of daily life at "the 813."

So, thank you for your encouragement. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2008 has in store for us. Happy New Year!

Sincerely, NeverBored

edited on 5/18/09 - Welcome to those who are popping over from "Like a Warm Cup of Coffee." Although I don't have any coffee to offer you (hot chocolate and muffins, anyone?) I hope you feel loved and welcome here. Because this blog has evolved over the past 18 months, I'm not sure that this first post captures its essence, (the second post helps a bit), but I hope it's still helpful and motivating. It's always nice to know we're not alone. Have a wonderful day and I hope you're enjoying the party.

Comments

sokrates said…
Dear NeverBored ~

Excellent! This is indeed a worthy goal. I will stop by from time to time to monitor your progress and offer words of encourgement. That's what home-teachers do. For example ~ What a wonderful place to share your testimony so that all who stroll this way may know how you feel about the mission and divinity of our Savior. Good Luck with your goal.

Behind you all the way~
Your Hometeacher
Bobbi said…
Neat! I'd love a muffin and cocoa...yes, please! He he he! Have a great Monday!!
thekreativelife said…
I'll take you up on that hot cocoa and muffins! ; )

Your blog is WONDERFUL, by the way. I may go through several muffins checking it all out!
My first post seems a little rudimentary compared to what my blog has become also...but it's still fun to look back! :)