Works for Me Wednesday

Although it's been years since I regularly read "Works for Me Wednesday" posts, almost every Wednesday that phrase comes to mind. A couple of years ago one of my New Year's Resolutions was to share my own "works for me" posts on this blog. As you can see here - The WFMW 2017 Edition, it took a while to get that started, and it only lasted a few months. However, since this is the first Wednesday of a new year, I figured I'd try again.

Today it was time to clean the refrigerator, and since it's a brand new year, I decided to be extra particular about it. I was reminded of five little tips that I can share with my loyal readers, things that help make cleaning the refrigerator easier and less time-consuming.


1 - Use paper towels to line the produce drawers.  I don't know how long this has been a habit, but it's been a long, long time, and it's really helped keep these drawers clean throughout the month.


2 - Use bins to corral items. We really only need one in this refrigerator, but having this bin that acts like another drawer is really useful, and prevents the little containers of yeast and garlic from getting buried behind other items.



3 - Have a designated "leftover" shelf. At least for me, having what needs to be used up front and center helps prevent things from getting lost and turning into science experiments. For some reason, having an organized fridge just helps it stay cleaner longer.



4 - Use a toothpick to get in the crevices. Although I no longer have apartment inspections like I did in college, every so often I utilize this little tip from that time of my life, particularly on deep cleaning days.

5 - Even the "permanent" shelves can be removed for cleaning. This was my new discovery today. A while ago something tipped over and leaked into the crevice between the shelf and the support, and although I previously tried getting the shelf out to clean it, today I put more effort into it and discovered that if you lift from the back it will slide out of the front. Hooray!


The original "Works for Me Wednesday" blog hop no longer exists, but I did discover a "Wonderful Wednesday" blog hop here. It looks like it rotates between a few different websites. While it's important to be careful about spending too much time searching for ideas instead of implementing them, and important to be cautious about feeling overwhelmed and unappreciated, avenues like this are a great way to share ideas, so I'll probably be adding my posts, at least for a while.

Happy New Year!

Comments