WFMW - Refrigerator Organization


Last week I shared some ideas I use to make cleaning my refrigerator easier. As I was finishing that post I realized sharing the way I organize our fridge might be helpful, so here you go.

The top shelf is for milk and other beverages.

The second shelf is for leftovers.

The third shelf is for dairy products, except for butter and sour cream which are kept on the top shelf of the door.
Yes, I know applesauce is not a dairy product, but I didn't want to keep it in the fruit drawer.

The top drawer contains cheese and other lunch items.

The shelf under that holds the bin with jam, yeast, and minced garlic, along with soup base, sauerkraut, maraschino cherries and hot fudge. Yes, it's an eclectic mix.

Then there is a vegetable drawer and a fruit drawer.

All of the condiments have a spot in the door shelves. I try to keep salad dressings together in the first bin, the various ethnic sauces in the next one, sandwich spreads and pickles below that, and other sauces at the bottom. Sometimes, however, (like with the Parmesan cheese), things just have to go where they fit!

How do you organize your refrigerator?

Comments