The Tale of the Car

Happy 36th Anniversary to Us!

That means it's time for another wedding story. Since this year we started our morning by taking the van into the repair shop, I figured it would be appropriate to share the adventures we had with our car that first day of marriage.*


As you probably know, some people think it's fun to decorate the newlyweds' car. Wayne's not one of those people, and so rather than parking our car at the reception, and making it an easy target for a prank, he made arrangements to leave it in the driveway of one of my neighbors. When it was time to leave, someone drove us over.


Imagine his surprise (and mine) when this is what we discovered!


He wasn't very happy; fortunately, the fact that they left a bottle of sparkling cider mollified him a bit. Personally, I thought it was tastefully done and didn't really mind it, or at least I'm able to convince myself that it's a sign someone loves you. Although I'm not positive I'm remembering correctly (36 years is a long time!), I'm pretty sure we can credit his two younger brothers for this surprise.

Anyway, because of the toothpaste on the car, the first order of business the next day was to take it to a car wash. Isn't that a great memory for the start of a honeymoon?

*I was originally going to make a list of memories from past anniversaries, and maybe I still will, but that's taking more time than I thought it should. Last year I was going to just spotlight every 5th anniversary, and never got around to finishing that task. Looks like something needs to be added to my "finishers wanted" list!

Comments