Mother's Day Once Again

I have a bit of unscheduled time this afternoon and thought I'd be proactive and prepare a post for Mother's Day. I can't think of anything new or profound, but thought it would be helpful to gather some previous posts into one place. After all, since they've been written we've added a couple of daughter-in-laws and made new friends. I hope they'll be beneficial to you. I am so grateful for my mother, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. I'm also thankful for all the mothers I know that try so hard to do their best. Sometimes I think we're too hard on ourselves and on each other. That's not right. Let's remember that each one of us has a story (see this post I read this morning). I know I'm just trying to do my best, and I am confident that all the mothers I know are doing the same. Let's cheer each other on! Motherhood is hard, no matter the age of your children, and yet it is definitely rewarding.
My mother with her three children in 1966.

First is the collection of links from five years ago which includes a favorite Elder Holland talk.

Let's add a more current talk on motherhood from Elder Holland - "Behold Thy Mother"

Next is a poem my mother wrote when expecting me - A Mother's Day Poem.

Lessons I've Learned from being a mother. It's a few years old, but I think I'd create the same list today.
My beautiful mother a few years ago!
More Talks on Motherhood, once again Elder Holland's talk is there, but also one I re-read this week, Sister Beck's "Mothers Who Know."

Adding some talks that were quoted from in sacrament meeting today: "The Eternal Blessings of Marriage" (Elder Scott) and "Daughters of God" (Elder Ballard).

Here's a link to last year's post with pictures of my mom. And here's the link to this year's post, which is really a record of the past few years.

Mom and Dad with their youngest daughter last fall. That's 50 years after the first picture!

Comments