Happy Birthday, Darling Daughter!

It's your birthday! You survived being a teenager! In fact, I would say you thrived during your teenage years, and we're looking forward to seeing the amazing things you'll accomplish in this next "Decade of Decision." You're well prepared. (See this wonderful talk by Elder Hales.)

Blog posts aren't as much fun without pictures, and I tried planning ahead, but didn't make much progress. Now it's your birthday and I don't have access to all the pictures from your growing-up years. But that's okay, because I posted your birthday cake pictures last year, and I did find a few others on the flash drive I have with me.


Do you see the common thread in these few pictures? It kind of goes along with the idea of the teen years being a time of preparation. This morning I was reflecting on how well you lived the Young Women Theme, and I'm positive that it's laid a great foundation for the rest of your life. In particular, I'm grateful for your example of virtue and modesty. I know it wasn't always easy being different, but I'm glad you were willing to do so. You'll be forever blessed because of it.

So, this isn't really much of a birthday post (welcome to the world of adults!) but we do hope you have a wonderful day celebrating you. Thank you for bringing so much joy and happiness into our lives!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Maybe your latest post started me thinking about this subject, so I'm linking it here.

Comments

Becky said…
Knowing that you were getting a sewing machine for your birthday present, I guess I was reminiscing on some of our previous projects. What fun memories!

For those who don't know - we added sleeves to your chorus dress (and did a pretty good job if I do say so myself!), and the purple dress you sewed as a YW value project (purple for integrity). If I could find more pictures, I'd have added the little sun-suit Grandma gave you as a baby which you always wore with a t-shirt (and which was the beginning of our efforts to help you dress modestly yet stylishly), the pretty blue-striped shirt which taught me that you would keep your word, the prom dresses (one sewn, one purchased online), the lace blouses that we lined and the dresses that we lengthened.

I hope that in future decades, you have just as many wonderful memories of blessings that come from living the commandments.
Brad said…
Get it? Common "thread"!

Anyways, Happy Birthday Sister!
MichelleW said…
I did get it!

And thank you for the wonderful shout out, Mom!

Also, as I was thinking about the dresses and skirts that I own, a LARGE majority of them are either made from scratch, or altered in some way. It took me a while to think of the ones that were 100% store bought because those are the ones I hardly wear anyway.