Last Minute Thanksgiving Decorations

We're off visiting family for the holiday, but I wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

And just in case you're looking for a VERY simple decoration, I have an idea for you. I'm sure I got inspired from looking at pictures on the internet, but this is my variation. Take a votive glass (or really any glass dish or bowl) and fill it with raw popcorn kernels (or dried beans). Tuck in a candle and there you go! If I had had a ribbon that matched, I would have tied one on, but I didn't. Quick and easy!This one takes just a bit of time, but not too much, and then it lasts year after year. Cut two turkey heads out of brown felt and sew them together. Attach the eyes and wattle and slip over a pineapple. Then, when Thanksgiving is over, you can eat the pineapple and imagine your son enjoying his Thanksgiving pie at the beach in Hawaii!

Comments

Melissa said…
Enjoy your time with the family!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope Jeff recovers quickly. Love and miss you all!
Beckstrand7 said…
We used your popcorn & candle idea on our table - it was a hit. Strangest thing though, folks kept watching for the candles to burn down enough that the popcorn would pop. :) I wanted some way to include popcorn without adding more food to the menu, so thanks for this idea! Miss having Whitakers over for dinner, but we understand. Mortality is so limiting, especially of TIME! Heaven will be glorious...