Individual Time - Son #2

One of the things we wanted to do while in Salt Lake was spend some time at the Family History Library. The object was to find more information about Agnes Strome, Wayne's great-great grandmother. Since neither son #2 nor son #3 were available until the evening, that's what we did the next two mornings/afternoons. Unfortunately, we didn't have the success we wanted, although we did make some progress.
The continual running into dead-ends made us very happy to take a break and visit with living posterity! Thursday was David's day. Wayne was excited to give him one of the "Smith & Edwards" gadgets - a charcoal chimney. David was excited to receive it! (We made sure to test it out a couple of days later to make sure it worked properly before we left.)
We dined on another one of Elizabeth's beautiful and delicious, and healthy too, gourmet meals. Thanks again! We hope David realizes how great he has it.
Then it was time to play a gamebefore helping to clean up.
This is Elizabeth rescuing David from the "Great Freezer Avalanche" that occurred as he tried to put something back in. One of our first "discretionary" purchases was a freezer for the garage; I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of theirs as well. Of course, you need a garage first, so it might take them ten years like it did us. Oh well, making sacrifices provides great stories for the grandkids.

Comments

Delirious said…
Believe it or not, I"m without a "garage freezer" now. Some years back my friend Carol gave me an old freezer that she was replacing with a new one. It was very old, and the shelves were wired up because they had been falling, but it worked really well. After a few years of use, a woman at church told me that she had a freezer she was getting rid of. It was newer than my ancient one, so I gladly accepted it. I got rid of the old one. A month or two later, this second freezer died on me. :( I've never replaced it. I know I need to, but with two missionaries out I've decided I've lived this long without it, I can go a little longer. I do have a side by side refrigerator/freezer, so I do have some freezer space. But I miss that old freezer.