3 of 936

Memorable Monday Moments
starting early

Family Home Evening is important. Elder L. Tom Perry taught last conference that "parents must resolve that teaching in the home is a most sacred and important responsibility. . . Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time.. . . It is our sacred duty to do our very best."

I am so grateful I married someone who agreed with this statement. I'm grateful that we had Family Home Evening every week (well, at least 98% of the time). And I am extremely grateful that I can now see the effect of that effort in the lives of our children.I'm not saying we had perfect family home evenings. In fact, this was how Weston's 3rd FHE started - with him asleep on top of me. But we tried and we did our best, and we'll continue to strive to do our best in our responsibility to teach our children in our home.

Because most of them have moved on to living their own lives thousands of miles away, that means that now a lot of our teaching has to be done long distance. So, today we're going to encourage them all, but especially the brand-new parents, to be sure and have family night tonight. And, of course, after a short and sweet lesson on the plan of salvation and the miracle of birth, sending us pictures of the newest member of our family would be the perfect activity!


Edited: They didn't even wait for family night to upload pictures. Wasn't that nice of them?

Comments

Louise Hiatt said…
Does this mean Weston and Megan have had their baby?
Melanie said…
I just wanted to say...CONGRATS on becoming GRANDPARENTS! I've heard its simply the best part of life ever! I hope by some chance you happen to be in Utah the same time we are at the end of July. I'd love to meet you again. What a blessed little boy Wyatt is to have you for a grandma!
Melissa said…
Congratulations to the new Grandparents and all of the new Uncles and Aunt Michelle! Wyatt is a lucky little boy.