On Being a Mom

Week Two Wrap-Up
Although this week was just as busy as last week, let's see if we can get it all in one post!

Mother's Day was wonderful. I loved the pampering. I loved the delicious breakfast and dinner. I loved the gifts. I loved our missionary phone call. I loved talking with our far-flung kids and parents. But my favorite thing was two seconds in Sacrament Meeting. Our bishop was the concluding speaker and he said something like "even though our mothers aren't perfect . . ." and Steven leaned around Wayne and said "Mine is," and gave me a thumbs up. I don't necessarily agree with him, because I know I'm not perfect, but that sure made me feel great! And it's much easier to be a "perfect mom" when you have the perfect kids!! It was AP exam week. Steven took two and Michelle took one. Now they can relax a bit!

The rest of the week can be summed up with church activities: a baptism, a funeral, a Mother/Daughter mutual activity, seminary, and the Relief Society quarterly enrichment activity. Some of those entailed quite a bit of time, but the results were rewarding. In fact, it really is a privilege to be allowed to serve others. Now, however, it's time to serve my family and get the house put back in order!

Comments

Jennifer said…
From everything I've heard...you're a pretty perfect Mom :)
Meg said…
I second Steven's statement. :)
Linda said…
Thanks for the comment on sacrifice, Becky. Isn't the gospel wonderful and complete?! Thanks for sharing the quote.