Friday, May 29, 2009

August 1983

Flashback Friday
Our First Anniversary

Weston and Megan finally wrote about their first anniversary, so I thought today's flashback should be about ours. And then I checked Alicia's site and her picture is from 1983. It was meant to be!
However, when I went looking for pictures, I discovered we don't have any of the two of us from that time. We did celebrate our important milestone, but then I spent our anniversary week in California visiting my family - introducing Weston to his great-grandparents and welcoming George home from his mission - and missing my husband. And I took the camera with me! Weston "helping" Holly at physical therapy.
The Pacific Ocean is cold!!!
It was much better resting under the umbrella -
or playing with aunts and uncles.
And although we weren't together on our actual anniversary, I made it home - to a "we just moved in today" new apartment - in time for Wayne's birthday!
Note: You improvise when you're poor college students with everything in boxes. So although he had to hold the candle, he still got his cherry cheesecake.

10 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Those are some great memories and photos. I have seen my MIL use big candles for bday cakes too. ha. :o)

Have a great Friday!
Beth

homeschoolceo said...

Awesome photos. What fun memories. I love the beach shots.

Alicia said...

Yay..another 1983!!!!!!!!

Aw...Weston does not look happy in that freezing CA water! I know that's right!! :)

Love the big candle!! That is too funny!!

I'm so glad you joined in again and shared all these precious memories!!!

Belkycita said...

I can see Weston right now pulling that face!!!
So fun.

Meg said...

I was thinking the same thing as Belky- he still makes that face! Haha... those pictures are priceless. I'm working on getting a good picture of us- I actually have it, but our internet is testy. Hopefully I'll be able to download it today. Love you!

Pam said...

What great memories. I love the look on your son's face in the "physical therapy picture."

Muthering Heights said...

That looks like it was a fun visit. What nice memories!

Erin said...

Love those pictures...especially the improvised birthday celebration...those were the days, weren't they?

JOY said...

I was blog hopping and had to stop and take a look at your cute family. What a great mom you are. Thanks for the smile today!

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

Way to improvise and make a memory!! It takes a committed wife and a loving mommy to do those things! Blessings to you today!