Symbols of Christmas

Memorable Monday Moments

One year my visiting teachers gave me this wooden tree decorated with Christmas symbols, along with the story "Teach the Children" (one version of which can be found here). Another year we were given these little paper magnets that included scripture references. The story makes a great family home evening lesson for December. Since the kids have gotten older, we’ve expanded our discussion to include 2 Nephi 11:4 and Moses 6:63 (“all things vear record of me”) and additional, non-traditional symbols. Now when we eat our Christmas morning cinnamon rolls, we’ll all remember the Jesus is the “Bread of Life.”

Comments

Jenn said…
Aw.... Becky, that's awesome! I just pulled my decorations out, and I have that EXACT SAME TREE!!! I love it. The only difference is that after "numerous" moves, the banner has broken off, and I haven't found the glue gun to reattach it. Oh well.. all in due time. Makes me miss the "old ward"! :-)