Our Week in the Mountains

I won't post all 200+ pictures, but we did have a great week. And this time, it was actually a "vacation" and not just a "change of scenery." I guess things DO change as the kids grow up!


First, I was told to sit in a chair and read while camp was set up Then, we all worked together to do the cooking and cleaning.

We also had time to relax with some card games. We heard the story of why Wayne knows how to play poker, but decided the rest of us didn't need to learn that skill! Instead, we taught the kids how to play Rook, in honor of Great-grandmother Beckstrand.
If you've ever wondered why these mountains are so green, it's because it rains a lot! However, for the most part we stayed pretty dry, thanks to Wayne's skills with tarps.
Here's the frog we discovered as we were packing up. Steven wishes he had stayed undiscovered!




Comments

Damian said…
What a fun trip you guys had! If Steven wants a frog of his own, let him know that Hayden just started raising a slew of tadpoles that he plans to use in the creation of his "frog army." I'm sure he can spare one.
Harlene said…
I know it's corny, but I keep hearing a banjo as I look through your pictures. What a fabulous trip!
Delirious said…
Hey Becky! I'm glad we bumped in to each other in cyber space. :) I'll book mark your blog and try to check back regularly. I also have a photo blog, and a religion blog. You can find the link to my religion blog by clicking on my profile. My photo blog has a link on my regular blog....maybe they both do. Anyway, it's nice to see what your family has been up to.

I see you were a good scout on your hike and wore your day camp t-shirt. ;) Our youngest Daniel is finally in Webelos with a man leader. He is happy, wasn't too thrilled with his women leaders.

I also have a link to St. Martin's, Shayla SM, and A. Renshaw's blogs if you are interested in checking them out.
D